Monday, October 13, 2008

Brooklyn

It’s time to wake up and face reality and the world, but first I know I’ve got to choose which world I will face. Will it be Manhattan and be one of Manhattan’s Elite or just be an ordinary lady around the corners of Brooklyn?

 I’ve been very quiet about everything, hiding it all inside and dealing with it all alone. How hard is it to feel the burden and carry it for such a long time and all you can think is how you will let it out. The world has fallen apart and broken into pieces and I don’t have any weapon but strong faith and hope. Hope for things to be better and be able to live life quiet and simple, strong faith for I know only Him can fully understand.

 We’re all empty handed at that point without anyone to turn to but ourselves. Each of us have felt all of the hatred that the world can even share, all of the agony that the world can give and the extreme anger that each of us can let go. Love and respect is not a part of everything anymore, it’s lost and forgotten. Despite of the issues, I still keep my heads up and pretend everything’s alright whenever I’m with my so called friends. Just like little J, I’m afraid of losing everyone but I didn’t think of that real friends will stay whatever will it be.

 Time flies and I felt that I’m going on a rollercoaster ride, things got out of hand and maybe I have forgotten that I don’t belong to the Upper East Side. I’ve spent most of my time with all of them and it drained everything, not that I need to give up some things. As little V shouts “it’s everything you have and now nothings left, what they have are excess”. Sadly, I didn’t listen because I’m having fun and forgetting the sad part.

 I woke up one day without knowing that it will the worst day of my entire life because a scandal awaits me. Gossip Girl visited Brooklyn once again and took everything and left nothing but a lesson. I’ve seen the worst and it hurt not only me but everyone else. How will I fix this? How will I be able to get up again? Since my best friend is not a best friend after all, I have to learn to accept it before she ruined everything that’s left of me. I bet she is happy where she is now because I know she’s very good at one thing and it’s not art but being a plastic.

 This is what GG has left for me to learn, woke me up to face a reality; not all best friends are best after all. And now, things are going well and sadly I can’t be with my family to spend every single happy moment they are sharing right now. I know that in time everything will just be great and thanks to Him for being there keep guiding me.

 Now I’ve made a choice and face the world where I belong. It’s good to have few but loyal and true.

 How about you? Where is it gonna be, Manhattan or Brooklyn?

 

 

No comments: